Thank you for the opportunity to assist you in applying for the Veterans Identification Card (VIC). We’ve experienced a great response and are ready for you to take the next step in applying. You expressed interest in the VIC by providing your email address in Vets.gov. This email is notification that you can log back into Vets.gov to submit your application.
If you provided your email address and have already submitted a VIC request, please disregard this message. We will send you an email after we have processed your request.
Make sure you have a copy of a state or federal issued ID and a photo saved (size limit 3MB) on the device you will be using.
1. Visit https://www.vets.gov/veteran-id-card and sign into your Vets.gov account.
2. Sign in with an existing account by selecting "Sign in with DS Logon” or "Sign in with ID.me”. If you don’t have an existing account, you can create a DS logon account by clicking here.
You will be required to verify your identity if you have a basic or advanced DS Logon account. Please proceed to Part II to verify your identity.
3. After you are logged into your account click "Request a Veteran ID Card" and proceed to Part III to complete your VIC request.
1. If you used your DS Logon account to sign into Vets.gov and you have a basic or advanced (non-premium) account, you’ll need to verify your identity through ID.me to finish setting up your account.
2. If you used ID.me to sign into your Vets.gov account and the "Apply for VA ID Card” link is "grayed out” you must click "Verify your Identity”
to finish setting up your account.
3. After your identity is verified you will be directed to the VIC site.
1. Validate your personal information, upload a copy of your federal or state issued identification, and a personal photo that will appear on the card.
You cannot edit your Character of Discharge. If there is a need to update your Character of Discharge, please upload a copy of your DD-214 to the application.
2. Once you have confirmed that your information is accurate and uploaded all required documents, click "Preview Card”, and then click "Submit Request”.
You will need to complete steps one and two by selecting your images before clicking "Preview Card”
If you received a message that your records could not be found, or your eligibility could not be determined, and believe you are eligible for the VIC, we want to hear about it. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what went wrong so we can investigate the problem.
VIC Program Team
Coming Soon:August 5th - Pasta Night. 6pm.September 2nd - Pasta Night. 6pm.September 7th - Annual Golf Tournament.September 15th - Auxiliary Tailgate Party. (Burgers, Brats and Fixin's) 1pm - 5pm.October 5th - Auxiliary's Jailhouse Rock / with Elvis Impersonator 6pm. (Get tickets at the Post)
The United States flag - We Defend her still today. Our Post will retire the colors properly with respect and dignity. Place your tattered flags in our depository located outside our front door.